TRAINING AND ACADEMIC ACTIVITY
- Graduated in Medicine and Surgery by the University of Zaragoza in 1990, with the qualification of Outstanding.
- Doctor of Medicine and Surgery from the Autonomous University of Madrid, with the qualification APTO CUM LAUDE POR UNANIMIDAD in 2004.
- Diploma "ADVANCED UROLOGY" issued by the Glickman Urological Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio, USA in 2006.
- Diploma "ADVANCED WORKSHOP IN UROLOGY" issued by the Urology Department, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, USA in 2007.
- Honorary Professor of Urology, Department of Surgery, University of Málaga.
- Tutor of residents of the Urology Service of the Virgen de la Victoria Hospital Clinical Hospital of Malaga.
TRAINING STAYS IN OTHER HOSPITAL CENTERS
- Stay in the Urology Service of the Puigvert Foundation in Barcelona in January 2004.
- Stay in the Urology Service of the Hospital San Agustín de Bordeaux (France) in March 2005.
- Stay at the Glickman Urological Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA in December 2006.
- Stay in the Department of Urology at Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, USA in May 2007.
- Internal Medical Resident of the Urology Service of the La Paz Hospital of Madrid during 1992-1996.
- Faculty Specialist in the Urology Service Area of the Virgen de la Victoria Hospital Clinical Hospital of Malaga since February 1998, with special dedication to Laparoscopic Surgery, Urinary System Reconstructive Surgery, Urological Oncology, Andrology and Sexual Medicine.
- Founder of Urology Integrated Andrology and Sexual Medicine (UAiMS) in 2006.
- Author or co-author of more than 90 articles in national and international journals of the specialty, chapters in books, communications in Congresses and scientific films.
- Participation as guest professor in more than 80 scientific meetings, conferences, round tables, symposiums, courses and surgical demonstrations.
- Member of the Spanish Association of Urology (AEU), Spanish Association of Andrology (ASESA), Andalusian Association of Urology (AAU) and European Association of Urology (UAE)
- Principal investigator in 12 clinical trials related to the treatment of locally advanced bladder cancer, prostate cancer, benign prostatic hypertrophy and erectile dysfunction.
- Foundation Grant for Research in Urology (FIU) in 2010 for the development of a project on nutritional supplementation in cystectomized patients.
- FIS 2012 Scholarship for the development of a project on the generation of artificial human urethra through tissue engineering.